Sunday, April 10, 2011

Introduction: Meet the families

Hello again. After attending the Podcast for the Sims 2 Challenges April 6 2011 I decided to try the Social Ladder challenge. I have made a few changes, so that it will work for me. One change is that they can buy things from the buy mode catalog only while there is no one running a store that sells that item, as NPC's do NOT sell furniture, even if you made a store that has it. I will only buy them the things they NEED. Once a store is owned they will have to go out to buy it, but if they are the one who owns that store they can buy from they catalog unless more then one of that type of store is being run by a playable family.

Now lets take a look at Rose Valley, the place the challenge will be taking place.

This shot dose not have all the houses, just the low and middle class. the High class houses are below the cameras view, but there are three of them. All the houses came with the game, I just took all furniture out of them and modified some of the cheaper houses.

The Business area is not part of the low or middle class, but it's own area. I built all the businesses except for the roller rink, that came with Seasons.

The home for the unwed females, Spinster Abbey, is off to the side.

Now it's time to meet the families. I made three families, one for each class.



Family name: Johnson
Class: High Class

Father: Michael
Aspiration: Fortune
Career: Adventure

Mother: Cynthia
Aspiration: Fortune
Career: Medical

Son: James

Number of children they must have: 3.



Family name: Brown
Class: Middle Class

Father: Thomas
Aspiration: Popularity
Career: Culinary

Mother: Shirley
Aspiration: Popularity
Career: Education

Son: Paul

Number of children they must have: 2


Family name: Hill
Class: Low Class

Father: Jerry
Aspiration: Family
Career: Gamer

Mother: Carol
Aspiration: Family
Career: Journalism

Son: Kevin

Number of children they must have: 1.

I started them all off with a son since the son is hair and all girls must take their husbands name as part of the challenge. I figure it is easier to have all boys to start with. I also tried to use different skin, eye and hair colors. As I make more families in the future I will try to mix it up. I rolled for the careers using a guideline similar to what the writer of this challenge posted, only I rerolled when I got one that required a college degree. That also means that not many of them will get their LTW unless they are lucky to roll one that is the same as their aspiration.

I rolled the number of children each family will have. The mother will only get a job once the youngest is a teenager and no cheesecake will be used. I will roll the jobs for the kids when they grow into teens, at the same time I roll aspiration.

Pets (dogs and cats) will not be a part of this challenge at the start. A pet store will be added at a later date (I forgot to make one to start with.)

I did not build a Downtown OR Shopping district, but did I build a custom college. This was to reduce the unneeded Maxis made sims. Townies who come home from work/school will ONLY be tolerated for so long. They are ONLY for making friends with.

Vacations: High class can go on any vacation they want and even own a Vacation home. Middle class can stay in hotels and camp and Low class can only camp. Vacations will only come once in a while.

There is nothing in my download folder and I even have the thing set to disable custom content. I will be TRYING to keep my hands off the cheat button, only the family funds cheat and money cheat for the Spinster Abbey when it's first built will be used, nothing else is allowed.

Seasons: I set the Main hood to Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter and College to Fall/Fall/Fall/Fall.
The High class families get into the Garden club. Middle class may if they meet the requirements to try to  get their kids into Private school and low class will not be admitted. I am treating the garden club like private school.

If I think of anything I will add to this post later. Any families made in the future will be added to this page.

1 comment:

  1. Looks interesting. I have never read a blog for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete